Managing Safely is a course for managers and supervisors in any sector and any organization. It’s designed to give managers all they need to know to help them handle health and safety in their teams. The flexible new high impact programme covers all the main health and safety issues, and includes a session tackling the environment too. Managing Safely can be delivered over four days, or on single days over 4 weeks, or if necessary as an evening course and has eight modules:
There are no pre-requisites for this qualification.
Validity of Award
This qualification does not expire.
Length of Course
4 days plus risk assessment project.
The qualification covers the following topics:
• Assessing risks
• Controlling risks
• Understanding your responsibilities
• Identifying hazards (including manual handling, slips and trips, vehicles, chemicals, electricity, noise, display screen equipment etc.)
• Investigating accidents and incidents
• Measuring performance
• Protecting our environment
On completion of the course, candidates will be able to:
• Apply basic management principles and practices to Health and Safety issues
• Set practical Health and Safety objectives and be able to plan and implement means of achieving those objectives
• Recognise risks present in the workplace and set appropriate control measures
• Take account of risks posed by human factors
• Ensure that adequate information, instruction, training and supervision is provided within the workplace
• Investigate all incidents involving injury or damage in order to determine the causes and to take appropriate remedial actions
• Communicate effectively on Health and Safety issues with superiors, employees, and Health and Safety professionals
• Understand the main legal requirements of employers and managers and to act to fulfil these obligations
This qualification is assessed through a 22 question paper and a practical workplace-based assessment.