The Level 2 Award in Health & Safety in Health and Social Care has been accredited by the regulators of England, Wales and Northern Ireland and is part of both the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF)
Ofqual qualification reference: 501/2144/3.
Following the Department of Health code of practice, everyone involved in care provision needs the adequate training to tackle the risk of Health Care Acquired Infection (HCAI). This qualification is specifically targeted at employees working in hospitals and care homes in the public and private sectors.
Based on the first part of the CIEH Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace and the CIEH Level 2 Award in Hygiene, this qualification provides candidates with a good understanding and knowledge of health and safety in the health and social care sector. This qualification also has the flexibility to suit differing client needs.
There are no pre-requisites for this qualification.
Validity of Award
This qualification does not expire
Length of Course
Minimum 6 contact hours.
The qualification covers the following learning outcomes:
- Appreciate the nature of health and safety in a health and social care context
- Understand the scope of legislative requirements
- Understand the principles of accident prevention
- Understand employees’ and employers’ health and safety responsibilities
- Understand the main risks and hazards for patients, clients and carers
This qualification is assessed through a multiple-choice examination.