The IOSH Working Safely course is designed for staff from any sector with no supervisory or managerial responsibility. It provides a grounding in the essentials of health and safety – everyone at work should have an understanding of why they must ‘work safely’ and this course offers exactly that. Working Safely introduces a completely new approach to health and safety training and offers all the basics in a high impact interactive package.
There are no pre-requisites for this qualification.
Validity of Award
This qualification does not expire.
Length of Course
1 day (minimum of 6 contact hours).
The qualification covers the following topics:
• Definition of Working Safely
• Identification of hazards associated with work activities
• Assessment of risks associated with hazards
• Using appropriate workplace precautions for specific risks
• Assisting managers in preparing risk assessments
• Identifying common hazards – Fire, Electricity, Work traffic, Physical and verbal abuse, Working environment, Slips, trips and falls , Manual handling & Noise Chemicals
• Improving safety performance
• Safe systems of work
• Protecting the environment
On completion of the course, candidates will be able to:
• Identify the hazards and evaluate the risks in their workplace
• Use appropriate workplace precautions for specific risks
• Assist managers in preparing written risk assessments
• Follow their organisation’s Health and Safety policy
• Co-operate and communicate on safety matters
• Carry out work activities without endangering themselves or others
• Report relevant accidents and incidents
• Monitor their own activities and assist managers in active monitoring
This qualification is assessed by a written assessment paper and a practical assessment.