The Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work has been accredited by the regulators of England, Wales and Northern Ireland and is part of both the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF)
Ofqual qualification reference: 600/1703/X.
Candidates gaining this qualification will know that Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillation (AED) form an essential part of the chain of survival. This qualification is recommended as training for first aiders in the workplace environment who have access to a defibrillator.
There are no prerequisites for this qualification although it is recommended that candidates hold a valid Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) certificate.
Validity of Award
Length of Course
6 guided learning hours.
The qualification covers the following topics:
- Understanding basic life support requirements
- Be able to demonstrate basic life support techniques and automated external defibrillator use in line with current national guidelines
- Be able to demonstrate post-resuscitation procedures
- Be able to carry out basic user maintenance and troubleshoot problems with an automated external defibrillator
- Understanding the safe use of an automated external defibrillator
This qualification is assessed through practical observation and oral questioning through the duration of the course by the tutor. Learners must practically demonstrate the application of the correct techniques in all the areas indicated within the learning outcomes of the unit.