The Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing has been accredited by the regulators of England, Wales and Northern Ireland and is part of both the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF)
Ofqual qualification reference: 500/6352/2.
This qualification is aimed at food handlers working in a manufacturing environment. Candidates gaining this qualification will know that food safety is the responsibility of everyone involved in the storage, preparation, processing, packing and handling of food. Its topics are regarded by the Foods Standards Agency as being important to maintaining good practice in the production of safe food.
There are no prerequisites for this qualification.
Validity of Award
This qualification does not expire
Length of Course
Minimum of 6 contact hours.
The qualification covers the following topics:
- Understanding how individuals can take personal responsibility for food safety
- Understanding the importance of keeping him/herself clean and hygienic
- Understanding the importance of keeping the work areas clean and hygienic
- Understanding the importance of keeping products safe
- Hazards, food poisoning, HACCP from purchase to service, food pests, food safety enforcement
This qualification is assessed through a 30-question multiple-choice question examination.