This qualification is intended as an introduction to moving and handling activities for those starting work, returning to work or who need specific training in manual handling, as well as being a suitable qualification for refresher training.
Learners gaining this qualification will understand that moving and handling must be carried out correctly and will recognise its importance in ensuring a safer working environment.
There are no prerequisites for this qualification.
Validity of Award
This qualification does not expire
Length of Course
Successful completion of the training programme and assessment will enable candidates to develop knowledge and understanding of:
- The process of Manual Handling in the Workplace
- Understanding Manual Handling injuries and the activities that cause them
- Manual Handling Assessment and Control options
- Responsibilities imposed by the Manual Handling Operations Regulations
- Practical demonstrations of Manual Handling Activities
Candidates must practically demonstrate the application of the correct techniques as indicated within the learning outcomes of the unit. This includes, single person lifting and lowering of an item and team lifting and lowering of an item.