The NEBOSH Unit NG1 covers how to efficiently manage health and safety in the workplace, identify hazards and how to measure how successful your methods are.
NG1 unit by distance learning is the mandatory unit is for NEBOSH:
- National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
- National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management
The course consists of 49 guided learning hours (although we recommend 72 study hours) and is designed for you to be able to complete the NG1 exam anywhere in the world.
You will be managed by a NEBOSH qualified, registered trainer who will prepare you for your NG1 examination without the need to attend any classroom-based learning.
How does it work?
NG1 is made up of 4 Learning Outcomes (LOs) and a total of 19 Assessment Criteria (ACs)
- LO 1: Why you should manage workplace health and safety (MLF)
- LO 2: How health and safety management systems work and what they look like. (PDCA)
- LO3: Managing risk – understanding people and processes (RAMS)
- LO4: Health and safety monitoring and measuring (Active & Reactive monitoring)
It’s fundamental that you fully understand the ‘Management of Health and Safety’
We provide you with your learning material and a 2 hour examination paper for each LO above including example answers.
NG1 is assessed by a two-hour written examination. You can receive an overall refer, pass, credit or distinction grade following your written paper
You need access to a computer/ laptop and must have the capabilities to access Dropbox & Zoom account to complete your ePortfolio.
Study at your own pace and convenience. Support is offered by our expert health and safety tutors, whom you can contact by email.