SSSTS Refresher – Candidates must take an SSSTS Refresher course before their existing certificate expires, otherwise the full SSSTS course will have to be taken again. The six month grace period that used to be in place ceased to exist from 1 January 2016.
The one-day SSSTS Refresher course will reinforce and update your knowledge and understanding of your legal responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare and environmental issues.
- How health and safety law is structured
- How the supervisory role fits in with the manager’s role in controlling the site safely
- Understanding the need for method statements
- Construction Site Health, Safety and Welfare
- Communication routes within site activity
- Behavioural safety
- Supervision of occupational health
You must hold a valid Site Supervisors’ Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) certificate, which has been gained within the last five years. You must also have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Assessment and exams:
This is a highly interactive course delivered by means of case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual/group presentations. You will be continuously assessed and required to successfully complete a multiple-choice test.
Upon successfully completing the course you will be awarded a CITB Site Safety Plus certificate.