PIP Services Ltd (www.piptfw.co.uk)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS – Revision No 14 updated 06th May 2015
1. These terms and conditions are between PIP Services Ltd (PIP) and the Customer. They replace any previous terms and conditions of PIP and are the complete and only terms and conditions between the parties. All dealings between PIP and the Customer shall be governed by these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions and any contract formed pursuant to them may be varied provided any such variation is confirmed in writing by the Owner of PIP.
2. A binding contract will be formed when PIP accept a Customer’s order for goods or services (the CONTRACT). An invoice will be sent to the customer for 100% of the total value and shall be payable at least 28 days prior to the course or project commencement. In the case of Service Leavers, a 20% non–refundable deposit must be paid a minimum of 10 days prior the course commencing, in order for you to attend the course. In the event of your Enhanced Learning Credit form not being approved the 20% deposit payment is non-refundable. PIP have the right to withhold all course material until the receipt of full resettlement package funding (to include ELC). No course materials will be sent to the customer until payment of the deposit has been received by PIP.
3. Interest on overdue invoices will be charged at a daily interest charge of 10% (under the Late Payment Of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998), until the date of payment, and the Customer agrees to pay any reasonable expenses incurred by PIP in pursuing any outstanding debts due from the customer.
4. In the case of a customer agreeing to sign up for a Bespoke Package and paying for these services with our flexible option package, the full package balance must be paid prior to the customer booking their final examination or submission to the awarding body for moderation. In cases where the balance payment cannot be made then the final examination or submission to the awarding body for moderation will be deferred until full payment has been made to and received by PIP.
5. Unless otherwise agreed between PIP and the Customer, payment for the provision of any training course or professional services must be made in full 28 days prior to the start of the course or delivery of any professional Services documentation. Course certificates may be withheld by PIP until payment is made in full. Refunds shall not be given for candidates who fail a course provided by PIP and PIP make no guarantee that candidates will pass any course. Where applicable Distance Learning Candidates have a specific period depending upon the course type and level to complete the course from the date that the customer acceptance form is signed and dated.
- NEBOSH, BIFM and CITB Courses – A refund of 50% will be given based on cancellation being made no later than 28 days prior to the course starting, after which no refunds will be given.
- For Non NEBOSH and BIFM courses the following applies:
- Cancellations made at least 28 days prior to the course commencement will be refunded 80%.
- Cancellations made between 21 and 27 days prior to the course commencement will be refunded 75%.
- Cancellations made between 14 and 20 days prior to the course commencement will be refunded 50%.
- Cancellations made between 7 and 13 days prior to the course commencement will be refunded 25%.
- Cancellations made 7 days or less prior to the course commencement will NOT be refunded.
In the case of Service Leavers course cancellation due to operational commitments or external postings, PIP will engage in full flexibility to suit the Service Leaver as far is reasonably practicable.
7. PIP reserve the right to cancel and/or amend course dates, times, and venues. Every effort will be made to give the customer as much notice as possible and where applicable offer a reasonable alternative. If these are not satisfactory PIP shall refund in full the price of the course. No further compensation will be given in any way, shape or form.
8. All training resources are the property of PIP and are given to the course candidates under license only for their own personal use for the specific course they have been issued for. Under no circumstances are any training materials to be copied by any means, passed to a third party or used for any purpose which is not in direct pursuance of the course they have been designed before. Any breach of this may result in the removal of the customer from any further courses or examinations with NO REFUND. PIP will also notify all awarding bodies they are registered with of the breach, which may lead to the awarding bodies banning the customer from taking any of its qualifications for life. PIP reserve the right to pursue legal proceedings against any customer found to be in breach of this requirement.
9. With regard to the sale of training and professional services, it is the customer’s responsibility to inspect all documentation including (but not limited to), certificates, reports, plans and policy documentation which will be forwarded electronically (unless otherwise agreed by PIP) on delivery from PIP to the customer. Any errors or discrepancies must be notified to PIP within 7 days of delivery. Any amendments after this date will be charged for. PIP will scan all certificates before they are forwarded to the customer as a safeguard. PIP use the Royal Mail 1st Class postal system. PIP will not be held responsible for any certificates, reports, plans or policy documentation that is lost in the postal system and any cost associated with any loss or replacement certificates will be paid for by the customer.
10. All Health & Safety policy documentation, audits & policies produced by PIP aim to identify major risks to the customer’s Employees, Sub-Contractors, Management, Visitors, Premises, Plant and Equipment. However PIP, its employees and/or consultants, cannot identify every risk from the unsafe practices or actions by individuals. The requirements of many regulations require the assessment of specific risks and these will be addressed with the customer during the implementation of the Health and Safety Policy and procedures. Unless specifically agreed with PIP as part of the contract, such assessments are the responsibility of the customer.
11. By signing the quotation, the customer shall indemnify PIP and its employees and/or consultants, against and from, any claim, damage, loss or expense in respect of personal injury to customer Employees, Sub-Contractor, Management, Visitors or damage to property or any loss from (whether caused by negligence or not), which may arise out of or in connection with, or as a consequence of PIP carrying out works on your behalf.
12. Our failure at any time or for any period to enforce any one or more of these Terms shall not be a waiver of them or a waiver of our right to enforce such Terms in the future.
13. Each of the above and below Terms shall be read and construed independently of each other so that if one or more is held to be invalid for any reason whatsoever, then the remaining Terms shall be valid. Further, if any Term is found to be void, but would be valid if some part of it were deleted, then such Term shall apply with such modification as may be necessary to make it valid and effective.
14. We shall not be responsible for any failure to perform our obligations due to circumstances beyond our control